Rochelle School of the Arts is a Magnet School within the Polk County School District, and specific uniform and dress code requirements are established and approved in conjunction with our School Advisory Council. Following these expectations daily support unity among our student body. Failure to do so will result in contact with parents for appropriate clothing to be brought to the school, substitute clothing provided from the school’s clothes closet, or possible disciplinary consequences if non-compliance continues. For a complete listing of dress code expectations, see the Code of Conduct, Section 2.06.
Daily Uniform - Elementary School
Tops: purple or teal RSA polo shirts
Bottoms: navy blue shorts, pants, or skirts; no jean material
Daily Uniform - Middle School
Tops: grey or black RSA polo shirts
Bottoms: navy blue or tan/khaki shorts, pants, or skirts; no jean material
Spirit Shirts - Friday
Students may wear the school spirit shirt, a school club shirt (example: Honor Society), or an Arts Department Shirt (example: Band, Dance, etc.) on Fridays throughout the year. All other dress code requirements remain in effect.
Occasionally a "Jeans Day" is offered for students. Guidelines for Jeans Days are:
- Only navy blue jeans are permitted.
- No holes, rips or frayed edges.
- No cut-offs.
- No excessive markings or designs.
All other dress code requirements remain in effect.
NUT (No Uniform Today) Days
If students are provided a NUT Day Pass, they may select clothing of their choice to wear, including jeans. The following clothing items are prohibited:
- Clothing exposing the torso or upper thighs, such as see-through garments or mini-skirts.
- Halters, backless dresses, tube tops, tank tops without over-blouses or shirts, spaghetti strap garments without over-blouses or shirts, bare midriff outfits or shirts or blouses tied at the midriff.
- Boxer shorts, tights, hosiery and sleepwear, overalls, spandex-style "bicycle shorts", cut-off jeans or pants, frayed jeans or pants, sweat pants, short shorts, athletic-style shorts or running shorts.
- No holes, rips or tears.
For a complete listing of dress code expectations, see the Code of Conduct, Section 2.06.
Outer Garments - Cold Weather Dress
The following is approved for outer garments:
- solid white, navy blue or black turtleneck under RSA polo
- RSA sweatshirts (sold through the main office)
- RSA sweaters (sold through Risse Brothers)
- plain, solid navy blue, grey or black sweaters or sweatshirts
- Girls may wear solid white, navy blue or black tights under skorts or shorts.
Heavy jackets or other cold-weather clothing may be worn during arrival and dismissal from school, but clothing worn during the school day must meet the approved requirements. Outer garments can be pull-over, open front button closure or zip-up style. Garments not meeting the above color requirements or those with large symbols or words are not permitted and must be removed during the school day. Only small brand logos are permitted.
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- If an undershirt is worn and is visible, it must be white or navy blue.
- Shorts and skirts must be mid-thigh or longer.
- Belts are required, if belt loops are on the clothing. Belts may be of any color or pattern.
- Shoes must be closed toe with a rubber soled heel. Elementary students have PE every day. (No platforms, wheelie shoes, boots, open-toed, or ballet style shoes.)
- Socks must be solid navy blue, white or black if they are visible above the top of the shoe. Tights should be the same colors.
- No large, heavy chains with medallions, pendants or any other hanging ornaments.
- No heavy, thick metal studded bracelets, neck collars, dog collars, or anything that might be injurious to your health or used as a weapon.
- No hats or head coverings allowed.
- Shirts must be tucked in while on campus.
- Hair must not be distracting to the learning process.
Please keep in mind that the school administration will determine what is/is not appropriate; students are expected to comply with the decision. Administration reserves the right to confiscate any questionable piece of jewelry or other ornament.
Panthers Den Uniform Closet
We will no longer be accepting exchanges but clothing donations are accepted and appreciated. We accept cash and checks. Please make all checks payable to RSA and include your phone number and child’s name on the check.